Wednesday 16 October 2019

THE "WRIGGLE" - Window to your Freedom (PART 1)




I have a message to put across. A message that may likely generate some questions, arguments, and counter-arguments among genuine Christians especially my friends in the theological field.
When I felt that the Spirit of the Lord was leading me to write on this “sensitive” topic in the year, 2012, I must confess that I trembled. The reason is simple. I am aware that many Christians still argue about a number of issues that are being exposed here, and I do not want to lead any child of God astray consciously or unconsciously. I dare say I am treading this terrain softly because many Christians have their biases about this discussion. Whatever I have written down are things that I believe God has given me the grace to share with the followers of Jesus Christ, globally.
 One day I was meditating on the word of God, and suddenly I found myself meditating on the word, “Warfare.” I began to ask myself the question, What is warfare? In my reflections, I see warfare as a war to be fought. That means there is a battle going on somewhere. With whom am I to fight this war? The powers of darkness! What does war connote? Violence of course! So since war has to do with violence that means it is not a matter of joke! Not at all! The meditation grew deeper. Can one fight any war silently?  I doubt it. There would always be noise I concluded. Now the next issue is since war calls for violence, can anyone pray spiritual warfare prayer as ‘silent prayer’? Is that how to fight a war?
            I do not know what others think, but the reflection jolted me to reality, and made the fact crystal clear to me that it is needful that one puts in all of one’s energy, by the power of the Holy Spirit to fight this type of war that has attracted the principalities and powers of hell to ‘crush’ someone spiritually, and physically if they can have their ways. Many supposed glorious destinies had been frustrated, ‘caged’ or completely ruined. Others started their journey in life with lofty promises of greatness in sight! Some mind-blowing prophecies had been declared on the lives of some others, but then no results at sight. Then the question pops up in one’s mind, “Where is the outcome of those promises and the fulfilment of those wonderful prophecies? Hun-uh, confusion sets in. Who is to blame? Satan, the individual, the society, the government of the land or who is responsible for this kind of supposed unfulfilled glorious future?
 At a period in my life, I began to ruminate over the unfulfilled promises and prophecies in my own life. As a regenerated soul, already washed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and walking in His ways, I was deeply disturbed and worried about my state. Spiritually, I was struggling to enjoy sweet fellowship with the Holy Spirit, as a result of loads of burdens, and doubts on my mind which I was not bold enough to share with close associates, how much more my spiritual overseers. What would they think about me? I will be presenting myself to them as a backsliding Christian if they get to know about my pains. But I was ‘dying.’ Stagnancy at all fronts! No progress at the place of work! By the time it appears as if progress was being made in the area of Christian Ministry, the devil would put up a wall again, and all hope would be lost.
I know that some of us Christians see “Dreams” as a lesser form of revelation. I was in your shoes before the Lord helped me to understand better by studying the scriptures. This write up is not about dreams, so I do not intend to teach on that, but suffice it to say that the dream that I had about a spiritual attack launched at my studies compelled me to begin some spiritual exercise such as fasting and praying. At the tail end of my studies, I almost experienced a set-back but the Lord intervened, then I appreciated God for the victory Jesus had won for me on the cross of Calvary.
 A Christian sister at my place of work gave me a copy of their church magazine, and after reading through some articles and testimonies that were printed there, I prayed and I saw the need to attend some of the prayer and deliverance programmes of the church. After some months, the Holy Spirit began to unfold some deep secrets to me about my life and the ministry that God has committed into my hands. On one occasion I received a message by the Spirit of the Lord, saying to me, “You will write a book for me,” and the title that was given to me that day is The "Wriggle."

No comments:

Post a Comment